Management and Development Fellowship
Founded in 1996, Davidson Housing Coalition is a local community development organization that believes Davidson’s traditional mix of people of all income levels is fundamental to our community and distinguishes Davidson as a town. The mission of the Davidson Housing Coalition is to work with the larger community to preserve and create affordable housing options, and to prepare families and individuals for financial stability and homeownership.
The Management and Development Fellowship is a two-year, full-time professional fellowship for new or recent college graduates interested in the non-profit sector, with a topical focus on housing and homelessness.
The roles and responsibilities of the Management and Development Fellow are multifaceted. Core responsibilities include development and fundraising, community outreach, administrative support, and client services for DHC’s homelessness intake center.
- Oversee all development work, including the planning and execution of all event-based fundraising, annual giving, donor relations, grant-writing and overall development strategy in coordination with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and contract grant writer. Attend all events and related meetings with some nights and weekends required.
- Serve as DHC staff contact for Board of Directors and its committees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to attending monthly meetings, taking minutes, and providing administrative support
- Lead community outreach efforts, including publicity and marketing initiatives, social media and website maintenance, volunteer and community partnerships management
- Coordinate efforts for the North Mecklenburg Homelessness Task Force, including scheduling meetings, providing organizational support, and maintaining membership
- Manage DHC’s homelessness intake center, including conducting housing needs assessments, providing service referrals, and maintaining client relations
- Provide key administrative support and daily office management
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Must be flexible, and have a sense of humor
- Volunteer or internship experience with at least one local non-profit organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and highly motivated self-starter who also receives instruction well
- Team player with enthusiasm to be knowledgeable about all aspects of the organization
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with short and long-term deadlines
- Prior event planning experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of web design and maintenance preferred
- Ability to write and speak Spanish preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite